Australia is one of the most popular destinations in the world to find English courses. Their schools enjoy excellent reputation and the opportunities for international students to stand out compared to other countries.
Australia is one of the few countries that allow you to work 40 hours every two weeks, with the condition that your English course must be greater than 12 weeks (almost 3 months!!!), also, if you have holidays, you can use that time to work full time, which allows you to get involved directly in the culture and improve your English skills.
Types of schools
There is a great variety in schools, colleges or universities that provide English courses or ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students) as you may have heard.
Both have their positive aspects, such as flexibility in the start of classes and the cost of tuition for Colleges or the opportunity to enter directly into a program of higher education in the case of universities – you wouldn’t have to submit examinations such as the IELTS or TOEFL, although it is possible that you might be required to have a basic level before starting the English course-.
Types of English courses
In Australia, there is a wide variety of English courses, where you can learn at a general level, emphasize this in your profession, improve it an academic level for admission to college, prepare yourself for some type of examination or even mix it with sports or healthy activities such as yoga.
- General English: General English courses are designed to develop skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking, with which the student is suitable to integrate in situations of everyday life.
- English for Academic Purposes -EAP: These courses are designed to prepare students who wish to pursue some study in higher education. If you are looking to enter a university, keep in mind the list of The best courses to apply for residency in Australia
- English for Specific Purposes – ESP: These English courses are dedicated to improving technique and expressions of the English knowledge in a specific area. In Australia we can find English courses for the area of business or nursing, as well as for kitchen helpers or farms, among others.
- English for Exam Preparation: These courses are designed for students who wish to certify their level of English, whether academic or general. You can find preparation courses for the IELTS. TOEFL or Cambridge.
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages – TESOL: These English courses are developed for students who want to teach English as a second language. There are variations such as: ESL (English as a Second Language), EFL (English as a Foreign Language), TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) – whose similarity to the TESOL is considerable. For the latter there is a variation known as CELTA, which is a certificate for teaching adults.
- English plus activities: These are perhaps the most eye-catching English courses, because they mix English classes with different activities like Yoga “isn’t it great to learn English and at the same time getting certified in Yoga?“. The range is quite wide, among other activities you can also learn to surf, play golf or even horseback riding.
Know more about English courses in Australia with the assistance of our experts, they will be able to give more information on costs and locations that best suit your tastes and needs.
By the way, if you do the process through us before the end of this year (2018), you will be able to participate in the raffle of 5 free flights from your nearest international airport to the Australian city where you will begin to study.
[…] you’re considering an English language course, bachelor degree, master’s degree, or PhD research, Sofiri is a free and convenient way to find […]
[…] work on what you truly want. So, firstly, you have to find a course. Whether you’re looking for English courses, vocational, undergraduate or postgraduate degrees, your education expert will be there also to […]