There are three scholarships available for the coming year and you will get one of them easily.
1. Destination Australia Scholarship
The Destination Australia scheme seeks to attract and support new students to have a high-quality learning experience in regional Australia. This scholarship also offers students from Australia and overseas the opportunity to experience regional Australia.
In a vote of confidence for La Trobe University’s commitment to regional communities, the University has received more Government-funded scholarships for students at its regional campuses than any other tertiary education provider in Australia.
1.1 How much is available?
An amount of $15000 AUD per anum for up to four years.
It will be paid through two payments per year of $7500 per payment, paid after semester 1 and 2 census dates. Payments will be made for up to four years for new undergraduate students, and two years for new postgraduate by coursework students. Students who are relocating will receive one upfront payment to assist with relocation costs.
1.2 How to apply?
All you need to do is apply for your course in a La Trobe regional campus, and if it’s eligible and you meet the entry requirements, the La Trobe International Scholarship selection board will assess your application
1.3 To be eligible, you must
- Be an international student commencing their first year of study in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework course in semester 1, 2020.
- Be studying full-time at a regional campus in a course that is offered entirely at that campus. (Online, Certificate & Diploma course students are not eligible for this scholarship)
- Be residing in any area other than R1 classification, or intending to move to an area other than R1 classification.
2. La Trobe College Excellence Scholarship
La Trobe University values academic excellence. The La Trobe College Excellence Scholarship recognises high-achieving international students, providing a tuition fee scholarship for students accepted into an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program. The scholarships are worth a 15%, 20% or 25% deduction on annual tuition fees for the duration of their studies and are limited in number.
2.1 How much is available?
An amount of up to 25% reduction on course fees.
2.2 How to apply?
No separate application form required. If you applied for an eligible course La Trobe International will automatically assess for the scholarship.
If you have applied for an eligible course they will advise you if you have been successful in being granted a La Trobe Excellence Scholarship.
Once you accept your La Trobe Excellence Scholarship you must accept the Terms and Conditions.
2.3 To be eligible, you must
have an excellent academic performance. The degree of the fee reduction is tiered and commensurate to graduations in academic performance.
- LTU WAM (or equivalent) of 65 – 69.99 receives 15 % scholarship on annual fees.
- LTU WAM (or equivalent) of 70 -74.99 receives 20 % scholarship on annual fees.
- LTU WAM (or equivalent) of 75 and above receives 25 % scholarship on annual fees.
3. Regional Campus Scholarship
The La Trobe Regional Campus scholarship offers a $5,000 (one-off) tuition fee scholarship for international students studying any undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at one of our regional campuses.
Why you will love La Trobe
Ranked in the top 1.2% of global universities La Trobe University has ranked their research in 23 disciplines is among the world’s best.
For more information about the Scholarships at La Trobe University, their courses, and start an application, you just have to register and choose an education expert to guide you and resolve any concerns you might have, as well as advise you for free even in your visa process.