Thinking about doing a professional year? ECA Professional Year (ECA PY) and The Education Centre of Australia group (ECA) are seeking to provide opportunities for students to enhance their understanding of the worlds of professional employment and career building in Australia.
ECA PY is a distinctive and very successful program which maintains a high profile and an excellent reputation.
Courses offered by ECA PY
ECA PY offers two programs and one internship, ACS Professional Year Program (ACS PYear) and Accounting PYP. Both approved by Australian Computer Society and CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and the Institute of Public Accountants respectively.
These programs are designed for Accounting or IT graduates (Bachelors or Post-graduate) from Australian higher education institutions who have a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) or a Bridging visa A (while waiting for their 485 visa) and who are seeking:
- a pathway from Australian university study to professional employment in Australia; and
- an opportunity to gain 5 migration points towards submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) under the Australian Government’s ‘SkillSelect’ immigration program.
Accounting PYP is a professional year program that was developed by CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and the Institute of Public Accountants and approved by the Department of Home Affairs.
It is available to overseas students who have an Australian accounting degree qualification and at least two years’ study in Australia.
ACS Professional Year
The ACS Professional Year Program (ACS PYear) in Computing/ICT provides an additional pathway from university to employment within Australia by offering a job-readiness program to help equip you with the professional skills needed for a successful computing/ITC career in the Australian workforce.
ECA Professional Year also offers a 245-hour Internship undertaken over 12 weeks plays an important role of reinforcing the knowledge, understandings and skills developed in the classroom courses.
ECA PY operates from three campuses: located close to the central business districts of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
Sydney Parramatta Campus is located at ECA Professional Year, Level 4/1-3 Fitzwilliam St, Parramatta NSW 2150 in a wonderful part of the city. It is close to trains and buses, cultural and entertainment venues, shops and entertainment precincts.
Melbourne Campus is also centrally located on level 7, 399 Lonsdale St, Melbourne. It is close to all CBD amenities, entertainment and sporting venues.
Brisbane Campus is located on level 1, 126 Margaret Street, which is in the heart of the city and is very close to transport, parks and universities. Free bus service from city to Spring Hill loop stop in front of the building.
Benefits of studying with ECA Professional Year?
- Year-round student intakes on the Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane campuses.
- Flexible timetable with day, evening and weekend class options.
- Guaranteed internship placement with a specialised team to help you find a suitable and rewarding placement.
- Access to leading industry representatives and industry networking events.
- Excellent employment outcomes with many internships leading directly to paid employment.
- Modern, centrally located campuses in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable industry based trainers.
- On successful completion of the ECA Professional Year course, students are granted 5 additional migration points towards their skilled migration Expression of Interest (EOI).
For more information about ECA professional year programs, and start an application, you just have to register and choose an education expert to guide you and resolve any concerns you might have, as well as advise you for free even in your visa process.