The University of Waikato announced the opening of Tauranga CBD campus in the Bay of Plenty, and is offering a scholarship to all new students who enrol in a UoW course at this Campus in B semester 2019 or in A or B semester 2020.
This UoW scholarship is to encourage students to take up their offer of a place at their new custom built campus, in Tauranga.
The new Tauranga CBD campus unites the University’s network of campuses in the Bay and will enhance their growing range of qualifications available to students in one of New Zealand’s most sought-after locations – combining beautiful beaches, a relaxed lifestyle and world-class university study.
How much is available and how to be eligible for the UoW scholarship?
This NZD$10,000 scholarship will be applied on a one-off basis towards a student’s tuition fees only. Awardees will be entitled to pay the tuition fee stated on their offer letter, minus NZD$10,000, and should present the scholarship offer to INZ.
What courses are offered in Tauranga campus?
From Bachelor’s to Master’s degrees, there are different options available for you. Just take into account that there are some courses that you can start studying in Tauranga and complete in other campus.
The following courses can be completed in Tauranga:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Business (BBus)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) – Aquaculture or Environmental Sciences
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) – Biological Sciences
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (BSocSc)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Teaching (BTchg) (Early Childhood and Primary)
- Diploma in Law
- Graduate Diploma of Teaching (Secondary) (GradDipT)
- Graduate Certificates and Diplomas
- Postgraduate Certificate in Development Studies (PGCert(Devs))
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies (PGDip(MgtSt))
- Master of Digital Business (MDigiBus)
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Educational Leadership (MEdLeadership)
- Master of Science (Research)
The following courses can be started in Tauranga
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (BE (Hons))
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Master of Information Technology (MInfoTech)
- Master of Health, Sport and Human Performance (MHSHP)
Accommodation in Tauranga, the Bay of Plenty
The University of Waikato provides accommodation at Mayfair Court Apartments which are located close to campus.
They have a range of different room and bathroom configurations including three three-bedroom, two four-bedroom, one five-bedroom (including two bathrooms), one seven-bedroom (including two bathrooms) and one nine-bedroom (including three bathrooms).
The apartments are fully furnished and include:
- Washing machine
- One TV per apartment with three SKY TV channels (2 x sports, 1 x movie)
- Dining table/coffee table in some apartments
Each bedroom includes:
- Double bed with mattress protector
- Desk with chair and lamp
- Built-in wardrobe
Residents can purchase a linen pack for NZD$135, which includes a duvet inner, pillow, sheet set with a pillowcase, duvet cover set, a bath mat and two towels.
A bus stop is located 50 meters from the apartments. Free off-street and on-street parking is available.
The cost is NZD$220 a week per person. This fee is inclusive of water, internet, a reasonable amount of power and weekly cleaning of communal areas. Residents are required to provide their own sheets, bedding, and towels and are expected to keep their own rooms clean and tidy.
The University of Waikato is also offering a Mayfair Court Residential Scholarship with an accommodation credit of up to $8,000 for students who are starting their study journey (Entrance/School Leaver or Undergraduate level).
The closing date is 01 Jun 2019 and is dedicated for students in financial need who will be residing in Mayfair Court Apartments in Tauranga in 2019. Must be commencing full-time study (i.e. 120 points) in an undergraduate degree in B Semester 2019. School-leavers must have achieved at least a Merit endorsement at NCEA Level 3; current UoW students must have achieved at least a ‘B’ grade average in the preceding year of study.
For more information about scholarships or courses for international students at The University of Waikato in Tauranga or any other Campus, and start an application, you just have to register and choose an education expert to guide you and resolve any concerns you might have, as well as advise you for free even in your visa process.